Friday, March 26, 2010

Words to live by....pt.3

"Fashions fade, Style is eternal."
-Yves Saint Laurent

I discovered this gem of a quote as I was doing my research paper on Yves Saint Laurent for my french civilization class last week, and it is one I wholeheartedly agree with.

Every couple of months, we are hit with the latest trends, and most people follow right along with them. Whether it is ripped jeans, slap bracelets, paisley print, or trucker hats, most of these things respectively fade right out after a short-lived shelf life. By following these "trends," it is very easy to be "fashionable". However, having style is much harder to do, but it is something that can last a lifetime. Being able to put yourself together in such a manner that is unique and stylish is very hard to achieve, but people will always respect you if you can do it correctly.

Thoughts and Comments?


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...