Monday, May 24, 2010

Plato's Closet

So far, today could not have been a better day. Why? Because I finally got to go shopping for the first time in a long time. (okay, since spring break) But still, yay!

My roommate took me to her favorite shopping destination in Naperville- Plato's Closet. Before Casey, I had never heard or seen this store. After meeting Casey, whenever I saw something that I liked that she was wearing, she almost always told me she bought it from Plato's Closet. Here's how the store works: basically, people can bring in gently used brand name clothing, shoes, handbags, and more for the store owners to look at and potentially purchase. This leaves the customer with rock-bottom prices! The dress for instance (my favorite find in the store), in the top left corner, was 6 dollars! However, the label was long gone, but I couldn't care less. It looks like Lilly Pulitzer though, does it not? Plus, its reversible! The one side show in the picture is a small floral print, while the reverse is a larger floral print. I am sure you will see both sides within the near future.

My second favorite find of the day- the bag. I had been telling Casey that I was looking for a new tote bag for school, and she took me to a similar store next door where she thought I would find a nice one, except the store was for older women. While I didn't find exactly what I was looking for, I stumbled upon this gorgeous vintage Coach bag. I was beyond excited. Then, I realized I was going to have to look at the price....15 dollars! What a steal. So, I got the bag too, even though I didn't need it. However, I think it will be a great complement to all my summer dresses, because of it's relaxed style and simplicity.

Whoo, I think that's it for now. What a great day!

Thoughts and Comments? Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I've noticed other bloggers mention Plato's Closet so it must have good stuff.A vintage Coach for that price is a steal. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...