Sunday, June 20, 2010

What's Hot...June

Another month, another hot list. Here’s what I’ve been really into this month. Hope you guys enjoy, and feel free to leave your own hot list in the comments!

1. Pretty Little Liars
After initially seeing the previews for this a couple of months ago, I was beyond excited to see the premiere of this show. As a follower of the book series from the start, I had high expectations for this show. So far, I have been totally pleased with the outcome. The show follows relatively closely to the books, which many shows can have a problem doing when they are based off a book. In addition, I love the fashion! But, that’s to be expected. The only problem I really have with it is some of the actresses casted. Based on the books description, I expected certain characters to look just so. I understand that you shouldn’t pick someone based on looks, but it was kinda a part of the series for me. Don’t get me wrong, they’re good actors, but just not what I expected.
Credit
2. Havaianas
Seriously, if you haven’t heard of these flip-flops by now, where have you been? Sure, they are definitely a little pricey for a pair of flip-flops, but they are the comfiest, nicest, and most well lasting flip-flops I have ever worn. Usually you can find them every once in awhile on gilt.com or ideeli.com, in a variety of colors and patterns at bargain prices, so I would stock up there if you don’t have a pair yet. I wear mine everywhere, and am excited to get another pair (or two!) this summer. Credit
3.Bliss Body Butter in Blood Orange and White Pepper
If you have never heard of Bliss, or used any of their products, you are seriously missing out! Their products are definitely pricey, but they have such a long shelf life. The body butter I am currently using was bought in December, and I know that it will probably last until the end of year. And I am all for products that cost a little bit more, but are so worth it. Like this body butter, it totally lives up to its description, and feels smooth, rich, and decadent on dry skin. This stuff is perfect right out of the shower, and leaves you smelling fresh for the rest of the day.

4.The Victoria’s Secret Semi-Annual Sale
It is seriously testing my will to not buy anything from the Victoria’s Secret semi-annual sale. I have a bad underwear addiction, and already have way too many pairs of underwear and bras from VS. However, this shouldn’t stop you from buying stuff! Plus, even if you aren’t into underwear like I am, you can buy clothes, jewelry, bags, shoes, and so much more at great prices.

5. Blink 182- Enema of the State
Yup, I know this is an old CD. But I feel like Blink-182 is such a great band to listen to in the summer, I couldn’t bear to leave them off my hot list. This CD features hits such as “What’s My Age Again,” “The Party Song,” “Adam’s Song,” and “All the Small Things,” which are all perfect to blast in the car with the windows down on a summer nights drive. I encourage you to check this CD out if you haven’t already.

6. Nalgene Water Bottles
Again, many might balk at paying $12 for a water bottle. However, I balk at those who purchase 30 packs of water every two weeks, not only because they are wasting money, but because they are hurting the environment. Nalgene water bottles are great because they are reusable and eco-friendly, BPA free, and, they come in a variety of colors and patterns to appease everyone. Like I mentioned before, I am all for spending money on a product which will last, just like my Nalgene does. I have dropped my bottle hundreds of times, and have yet to have one crack or break. If I still haven’t sold you on a Nalgene yet, just imagine not having to carry a huge pack of water back from the grocery store after every trip. Doesn’t that sound nice?

7. The Shack by WM. Paul Young
I still haven’t finished this book yet, but I am in love with everything I have read so far. However, it is a book heavy in religion, so this may not be the right summer read for everyone. Either way, it is a book that definitely makes you think, and gain a deeper perspective on a lot of valuable life lessons and morals. Check out a much better description than mine here.

8. Cindy Sherman
Cindy Sherman is a photographer best known for her self portrait photography. I learned about her this semester in photo class, and I was drawn into her well composed shots immediately. Although some of work may be considered eclectic, or weird, I am inspired nonetheless by her work. Some of my favorite photos from her are here, here, and here.


9. The Library
So I know this might seem kind of random, but I love going to the library in the summer! I knew I had to make sure this was on my list. Even if you just go inside to escape the unbearable heat and humidity that is so common on the east coast, you can still find some benefit of this haven. Honestly, what is better then getting to borrow books, movies, and Cd's whenever you want for free? I can't think of much else.

10. Fruit
Again, this one is definitely random, but there is nothing better then juicy ripe fruit in the summer time. It's so nice on a hot summer day to eat crisp cold fruit to chill off. Personal favorites in the summer? Oranges, raspberries, strawberries, and pineapple. Plus, blending them together makes delicious and nutritious fruit shakes. Yum!
Credit Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...