Thursday, July 1, 2010

Here's to breaking rules!


Top(borrowed from mom): Ann Taylor Loft
Pants: Delia*s
Shoes: Steve Madden
Wristlet: Coach
Bracelets: Lenox and Sergio Lub
Earrings: gift
Today is the first day that I have ever worn jeans to work. I'm not exactly proud, to say the least, but I was kinda stuck. I really wanted to wear this top, but I didn't want to wear it with the white skirt I have been wearing frequently this summer, or black. My favorite trusty jeans felt like the only way to go, in this situation. Overall, I do like this look. It's just not up to the professional level of dress that I try to emulate at work. This is summer I would be more inclined to wear in school, in a sense.

Plus, I mixed metals in this look! Well, kinda. I'm wearing silver jewelry and my usual gold flats, which may not count for some. However, between mixing the brown and black yesterday and the metals today, these are big stepping stones for me! I've always seen both as relative fashion faux pas, so I'm glad to be breaking the rules. ( In a good way, of course.)

In other news, tomorrow I will be off to Tyson's for the day with my mom! Look for a related post soon to follow after the trip.

Thoughts and Comments?
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...