Thursday, October 6, 2011

Preptacular!



Dress: Theory
Camisole (not seen): Calvin Klein
Shoes: BCBGirls
Belt: Cole Haan
Wristlet: Coach
Bracelets: Delia*s Warehouse Sale

You know when you think about a piece your closet needs, you kind of add it to your mental shopping list in the back of your head, right? Well, that's what this shirt dress was for a long time for me. I had seen some in magazines, on blogs, and on the streets, and I wanted one SO bad. Such a timeless piece, and I knew my closet (or I), would never rest until I found one.

So the search began. Every time I went shopping, I remembered to stay on the lookout for the perfect shirt dress. The requirements?  Blue (or chambray) colored, not too big or too tight, and roll up sleeves. That's not too much to ask for, right?

Apparently it was, because the search went on for months. Actually, it lasted an entire year. At one point, sometime last April, I had found the perfect one at H&M. However when I tried on the biggest size they had (a 12), I was exploding out the top. Like button bursting exploding. I mean, I know I'm a little bigger than an average person, but I don't think I'm huge by any means.So, that was kind of disappointing.

I basically gave up at that point. I couldn't find what I was looking for, so I put it in the back of my mind. Of course, you know that is exactly when it shows up out of nowhere. This summer, I was browsing the skimpy sale section at Bloomingdale's at the Short Hills Malls, and saw the dress I'm wearing today. It was PERFECT. Of course, there was only one, and it was a size 12. Again, slightly bigger than I'm used to wearing, but I had to try it.

Turns out, it fit perfectly. Thank goodness, it was on sale. In addition, it was missing the belt (I could tell by the belt loop in the back), and the sales girl gave me an additional 10 perfect off. Such a win.

Okay, so that's the really long and unnecessary story about how I got this dress. Isn't it just preptacular? I love it, and I am so happy I was finally able to wear it today! Ever since I had bought it, I had known I wanted to wear it with straight hair, a skinny brown belt, and my brown heeled boots. It's the perfect outfit for fall, and it was finally possible to wear today with the beautiful weather going on.

What do you guys think? What are you on the hunt for right now? Pin It

1 comment:

  1. You are so stinkin' cute!! And yes I love stories about finding amazing deals!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...