Sunday, November 13, 2011

New Favorite



Dress: L.K Bennett
Tights: Hue
Shoes: Coach
Necklace: vintage
An outfit post...on a Sunday. No, you guys aren't a day early, I actually wore this today and am posting about it today. A miracle, I tell you.

Anyway, you may be wondering why I am all dressed up on a casual Sunday. Usually, Sundays are my grunge days, since they are spent at the gym and doing homework in my room (hence the lack of outfit posts over the weekends). However, today there was a scholarship dinner for all the students who received financial aid from alumni, and it's expected that everyone will dress nicely. Of course, any excuse to get dressed up, I'll take it. 

So, I decided on this new dress I got shopping at Tyson's this weekend. When I saw the dress in Bloomingdales and looked at the label, I was surprised that I had never heard of it. I don't think I'm a brand snob by any means (although others may disagree), seeing as I'll wear any brand at least once. However, I am partial to certain brands, and am always curious to get a sense of certain brands style. So, seeing a brand name I didn't recognize at all threw me off at first. However, upon further research I found out this brand is quite popular across the pond (even with Kate Middleton!), though it's just gaining popularity over here.

After trying on this dress though, I think I have found a new favorite brand. I knew right away that this dress was beautiful - it is impeccably tailored, has a great pattern, and is made of the finest silk. Once I tried it on though, I was in love. It hugs my figure in just the right places, and makes me look about a thousand times better than I actually do. 

I kept trying to add other accessories like belts and cardigans to amp up this outfit, but nothing was working. So, for a finishing touch, I paired it with some hot pink tights (although they look magenta in the photos), and a vintage crystal necklace. In my opinion, this is truly one of the cases of less is more. 
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! I just found your blog and I love it! I been totally stalking it (not in a creppy way don't worry) reading all your posts getting inspiration for one of my new years resolution: dress better and take pics of my outfits so I don't repeat so often;) and I just decided to comment in this post because I know thebrand of the dress!! I actually read about it in my fav book series and while I doesn't know the brand personally I was exited to see it in real life!
    Best Wishes

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...