Friday, November 18, 2011

Sally Hansen Rockstar Pink



Last week while browsing the aisles of my local Target, I stumbled upon this super glittery polish from Sally Hansen. The minute I saw it, I knew I had to get it (even though I have been trying to cut down on the money I spend on nail polish until I actually finish a bottle). However, at just $2, the price couldn't be beat, so I bought it.

Now while I love the color, I can't say too much about the quality itself. I really wanted the full on glitter look, and was able to easily achieve it with about three coats, which was awesome! However, only one day later, I was having the polish come off in whole pieces! All this week, I would re-do individual nails daily because I wanted my nails to look nice. Honestly, I don't really think it's because this is poor quality polish, because I have tried doing full on glitter with other brands and the same thing has happened. So, my best tip to prevent this is to paint a solid coat of any color under the glitter, then do full coverage with glitter. I just don't think glitter is meant to stay on the nails on it's own.

Anyway other than that, the polish was great! There are all different flecks of colors (like magenta, blue, gold, and red), and when they catch the light, my nails just sparkle. Honestly, the pictures don't do justice at all.

What do you guys think? Have any of you had similar experiences when you painted your nails with full on glitter?
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I've been meaning to thank you for all of the nail polish posts you do - they're really helpful! It's nice to have reviews of the quality of different nail polishes, and since I'm quite fair complected, I know that most shades that work on you probably work on me as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Kate - You are super welcome! I'm glad they help you out :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...