Monday, November 14, 2011

Thank you Pinterest.



Jacket: Target
Camisole: Calvin Klein
Skirt: I.N.C
Shoes: Bandolino
Necklace: Lilly Pulitzer

I owe all credit for this outfit to my favorite procrastinating tool, Pinterest. Here's the photo that inspired it all:

Pinned Image

Okay, so it's not an exact match, and there is no way that I look as cool as that girl...but I think it's a pretty close match! Plus, it gave me an excuse to wear my sequin skirt, which I am always trying to do. You see, the one bad thing about this skirt being so unique is that it is fairly obvious when I wear the same outfit combination with the skirt. So, I'm on a mission to wear it as many different ways as I can. So far, so good.

Anyway, I love this outfit. I feel glamorous, but still classroom appropriate. It can be hard to wear sequins during the daytime, but I think this combination is casual enough to wear during the day. And oh! How can I forget to mention my new boots? Well, when I went shopping at Tyson's with my mom on Friday, I spotted these great leather riding boots on sale. I've been looking for a black pair of riding ones for awhile, so when I saw these I got really excited. I love that they are roomy enough to tuck jeans into, and that they have zippers on the side so they can easily be put on. I can't wait to wear these through the winter - there are endless possibilities!
Pin It

7 comments:

  1. i can see why you were inspired. very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the inspiration look and your interpretation! So cute! I love the skirt, it's the perfect amount of sequins :)

    http://mygrowingobsessions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your interpretation of this outfit - so polished, professional, and glamorous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how the blazer down-plays the sparkly skirt a bit! I like that you added the longer necklace, too. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you everyone! I love how this came out :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like this outfit, it's always nice to see a glamorous piece dressed down! Such a gorgeous skirt deserves to be worn often :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Love that sparkly skirt! Your necklace is also a good accessory to your outfit. The blazer is also a good choice. Great combo, great outfit. And so chic!

    Cheers,
    Cathy@Hospital Scrubs Fashion and Social Blunders to Avoid

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...