Monday, December 5, 2011

Strange Inspiration..



Jacket: Tahari
Shirt: J. Crew
Pants: Delia*s
Shoes: Lucky Brand
Scarf: borrowed from the roommate
Earrings: gift

Sometimes, I get outfit inspiration from the strangest of things. For example, Pinterest, cities, candy, celebrities, bloggers, notebook patterns, etc., etc. 

Anyway, so it shouldn't come to a surprise that this outfit came from a strange source - my roommate! Now, most people probably wouldn't find this a very weird place to get inspiration, since living with someone you like tends to inspire you. My roommate - not so much. And that's not to say she isn't inspiration, just not in the fashion department. She's 10 times happier in soccer shorts and plain t-shirts, and doesn't dress up unless she has to. But me, you can't get me out of dress usually! So when I saw her wearing almost this exact same get up yesterday, I knew instantly I wanted to copy it. Like as in today.

I just love the combination of the cargo green paired with this rich purple scarf (that I borrowed from her, since I don't have one). Although this outfit is probably more appropriate for early fall, I think it still works during this time of the year considering how unseasonable warm it has been - like in the high 50s! Global warming is real, people.

Anyway, to finish it off I added my brown boots that I just can't get enough of, and these dangly earrings that go with just about everything. What do you think?
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...