Monday, January 16, 2012

2 Years Ago...

I had this idea.

It was over winter break of my sophomore year, and I was bored hanging out around the house all day. Although I spent most of my time working, I was left looking for something else to do while I was home. Sure, I loved to read, bake, and watch movies, but I was looking for something more. Something that allowed me to express myself, but didn't take up a lot of my time or money.

That's when I had the idea for my fashion based blog, Sequins and Pearls. By that point, I had been reading fashion blogs for about two years, and had always wanted to start my own. However, I wasn't sure if I could do it. I'm always up for a challenge though, so I decided to make my humble little blog.

Two years later, I couldn't be happier that I started this blog. I have truly enjoyed spending a little time (almost) everyday writing, taking pictures of my outfits, and getting to know readers/other bloggers.

Looking at what my mission was when I first started my blog, one of the things I mentioned was be more confident in what I wear. I can gladly say that I think have! Although sometimes I look back on an outfit (even on ones that are only a couple of weeks old), and what wonder what the hell I was thinking, mostly I have grown to just be in confident in whatever I choose to wear.

So to anyone who has ever stopped by, read my rants, or commented, thank you. I hope you continue to keep reading, and let me know what you would like to see in the future! Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Happy Blogiversary! I certanly hope I had found this blog earlier, but hey never late than never!! Wow 2 years is a lot of time and I congratulate you on keeping your blog as nice and amazing to read as it is:) I envy your discipline and your perseverance on writing as often as you do for such a long time!
    Best wishes and looking fordward to read more of your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your two-year anniversary of blogging! I really enjoy reading. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...