Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Chunky Tomato Salsa

If there's one thing I love, it's salsa. I always have since I was a little kid, and find it to be the perfect complement to just about any Mexican dish. It's usually light, so it never overpowers anything else you're eating. However, it's wonderful on its own too. So, when I saw a bunch of left over vegetables that were on the verge of going bad, I decided to make salsa. Here's what I used to make it:

Ingredients
4 tomatoes
1 red bell pepper
1 green bell pepper
1/2 of an onion
1 handful of cilantro
2 tablespoons of lime juice
1 tablespoon of sugar
1 tablespoon of garlic
1/8 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper

1. Start by dicing up all the vegetables in bite size pieces. Ideally, you could use a mini chopper for uniformity, but I couldn't find ours so I just hand chopped.

2. Add all the spices and herbs. Make sure everything is blended in evenly with the vegetables.

It's that easy! Adjust spices and herbs as you see fit, but I think this makes for the perfect combination of flavorful salsa. Not too hot or overpowering.

End result:
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm...that looks so fresh and great! Mexican food is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...