Thursday, January 12, 2012

DIY: Glittery Binder Clips!

Do you guys ever get hit sometimes with the most random inspiration? Usually, I'm sparked by something awesome that I would never even think of on my own on Pinterest. However, sometimes I have my own awesome ideas, and like to share it with you guys. Let me introduce to you:


Boring, ugly, black binder clip.

Now I just got this awesome planner from Sarah Pinto, and was filling it in neatly with when I have to work, and various appointments I have before going back to school. It was then that it dawned on me that I needed something to hold pages together of the weeks that have gone by. So I went over to my desk, and decided that a binder clip would be the perfect thing. But then I clipped it to my planner, and hated how the dreary black looked against my cheerful polka dots. I know this is a little insignificant thing, but to me - that's what matters. So that's when I had my brilliant idea - use nail polish to decorate my binder clip! But not just any ordinary polish: GLITTER.



I decided on Deborah Lippman's "Happy Birthday" polish. I wasn't looking for something to completely cover the clip, but just something to make it much prettier. This multicolored mix of rainbow glitter was perfect for what I wanted.


So I got right to work on my clip. This is how it looked with just about two coats of polish. While I was working, I decided to decorate two more, just so I could have more clips for future uses. 


From left to right all of my binder clips with just about 3 coats of nail polish: Deborah Lippmann's "Happy Birthday," OPI "Crown Me Already," and OPI "Gone Gonzo"


Finished sparkly project! I finished with a coat of Seche Vite over the glitter.


My new sparkly binder clip in my new planner! MUCH better.

Let me know if you guys make any! I want to see!
Pin It

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...