Sunday, January 8, 2012

What I got for Christmas and My Birthday!

Alright so I have to admit, I've been meaning this post for awhile. But working two jobs over winter break (at over 55+ hours a week), working on my departmental honors paper, helping my mom around the house, and sleeping, I can't say that I've had much in the way of time. However despite this, I try to make a little time everyday for my blog. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. But normally when I do, I'm not in the mood to do too much work, so I just write something up that I had already had planned.

With that being said, I knew this was the kind of post that would take me a little longer than usual to do. I would have to gather up all my new possessions, take pictures, then write something up. But somehow this week, I found time to do it! So without further ado, here is (almost) everything I got for Christmas and my birthday this year. Since my 21st birthday was just four days after Christmas, I decided to just include it in this post too. Hope you guys enjoy!

*I say almost because I didn't photograph everything. For example, candy, ornaments, and other various small things that I had already put away or ate!

Let me just start by saying that every year since I was about 13, I can remember my parents saying "this is going to be a small Christmas this year, don't expect too much." However every year, Christmas gets bigger and bigger. This year was no exception, and I was completely flabbergasted by all the stuff I got. Now don't get me wrong, it's not that I'm not appreciative, because I am, but I was just absolutely stunned. My parents idea of a "small" Christmas, would hardly be considered small by most people. Anyway, here's what I got!


Bliss body butter, body wash, travel sized body wash, and sugar scrub in one of my all time favorite scents: blood orange and white pepper. This stuff is the absolutely BEST. I started using Bliss products regularly after a stay at the W hotel in NYC in 10th grade, and just couldn't get enough of them since then. I was happy to replenish my dwindling stock :)


Coach Poppy perfume, travel sized lotion, and travel sized roller ball perfume. I've never tried the scent before, but my mom said the sales girl at Macy*s said this is the most popular scent. I've tried it once so far and I really like it! It's light and fresh, and it doesn't smell like flowers (which I don't really like the smell of). And it came in this beautiful box, which I am equally as excited about! Now I just have to decide what I am going to store in it.


Lots of glitter nail polish! Do my family and friends know me well or what? From left to right, Sally Hansen gem crush in "bling-tastic," Deborah Lippmann "happy birthday," OPI "crown me already," OPI "gone gonzo" Deborah Lippmann "ruby red slippers," and Sally Hansen gem crush "lady luck." I've only tried happy birthday so far, but I'm excited to try the others!


Britney Spears Radiance perfume, lotion, and body wash. Like the Coach scent, I've never used this perfume before, but I have always been a fan of her perfumes in the past. I'm sure this one will not disappoint!


Valentines Day, Gossip Girl Season 4, The Help, and a $25 iTunes gift card. I've needed iTunes money for months now, so I was super happy about that. Plus, Gossip Girl is my go to tv show to watch when I'm bored or not feeling good, and I never got the 4th season when it came out. Plus The Help and Valentines Day are movies I know I would watch over and over again, so I asked for them.


Lilly Pulitzer reusable snack bags! Definitely one of my favorite gifts. These are perfect for my eco-friendly fashion conscious self for bringing snacks with me to my internship, school, or work. Plus, they are machine washable! Love it. Oh and more pretty boxes! YAY!


Baby it's cold outside scarf and earmuffs from Kate Spade! Now I can't lie that I have been lusting for these ever since I first saw them online. So you can imagine my surprise when I got both of them for Christmas! I'm happy to add that they are just as cute in person as they are online. Now only if it was a little cooler. Plus the packaging? To die for! Can't wait to find some use for that box. (Can you tell I'm obsessed with packaging yet?)


Betsey Johnson socks! Wearing boots as often as I do, I always need lots of socks. So, I liked to wear something cute and fun underneath.


New Victoria's Secret pajamas! Every year since I was about 10, I've gotten a new pair of pajamas for Christmas. First, it was Old Navy, and by about 15 I migrated to the VS pajamas. They always have the cutest patterns, and they come with free slippers! These are super comfy and cute for wearing around the dorm. Plus, they have pockets! 


My Christmas candy weakness? Peppermint Bark (and Andes mints). If you've never had peppermint bark before, you need to have some NOW. It's delicious! It's usually white chocolate with peppermint pieces crushed into it or on top. So delish! Oh and more packaging! Love.


Crystal nail files and make-up brush cleaner. I'm actually really excited to try out the files, I've read a lot of good things about them, so we'll see how they do. Plus the pink polka dots are too cute!


Okay wow, major electronics haul. I got two new lenses this year, a fixed and a zoom lens. I also got CS5, which has Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign on it. Now I won't have to make any more late night treks to the arts building to work on graphics and photo projects, woohoo! Oh, and I also got a GPS. My mom worries about me driving and getting lost all the time, so I'm pretty sure this was her idea.


Victoria's Secret yoga pants. OMG how have I live my whole life without these? These pants are the most wonderful comfy things ever. If I didn't have my blog, I may just consider living in them.


Maria Sharapova for Cole Haan glitter flats. Okay I've been in love with these since I saw them a couple of weeks ago on Nordstrom. I knew my mom wasn't going to go for something that wasn't at all on sale, but she decided this was my birthday treat. Let me tell you, I've worn them several times already! They are probably one of the most comfortable pairs of flats I own (even on the first wear), and they just add such an extra fun sparkle to everything!


Minnetonka moccasins! Now I can probably do away with my two pairs of Target mocs that are completely trashed. But you know, maybe not...


A new Coach bag and wristlet! I have to say, this really blew me away. I wasn't expecting any new purses this year, but somehow my mom always surprises me. I really love this bag! It's very different from the ones I already have, and it is perfect for carrying all of my necessities with me to my internship and work.


A le Pilage bag! I already have a little hand held one, but this one can actually be slung over my shoulder. Again, another great bag for toting my stuff to my internship. Plus, the color goes with everything. (And I promise my bag is nowhere near as wrinkly as it looks in the picture!)


More nail polish!! I am honestly overwhelmed by how much nail polish I have received. So, I've decided I really need to cut back. No more nail polish for a LONG time. And I really mean it. (I even resisted the free Zoya nail polish deal one of my friends told me about - and that was really hard!!)


A super cute necklace stand, and these fun red and pink necklace and bracelet set from Kate Spade. So cute!

Like I said, this definitely was not a small Christmas. But I am extremely grateful for everything, and I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas as well! What was your favorite gift?
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Hello again! All of your gifts are so awesome:) and we have the same Longchamp bag! Anyway reading that you love packages made my think of an image I found on pinterest a while a go that might be what you need to show them on your room, here it is: http://pinterest.com/pin/66357794479032356/
    Tatiana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome stuff I love all the Kate Spade! And the glitter flats are so cute! I got diamond earring which were my fave gift!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...