Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Leap Day Rant



Blazer: Target
Tank: J. Crew
Pants: J. Crew
Shoes: Lucky Brand
Necklace: BCBG Max Azria

Happy Leap Day everyone! Is today even real? I've been talking with some of my friends today, and we've decided that today never actually happened. I mean, how can a day that only happens every four years be considered real? So if anything bad happened today, fear not! That was actually an illusion. 

Thank goodness, because not only did my 3:55 a.m. alarm not go off, neither did my 4:00 a.m. or 4:10 a.m. So I overslept. Until 6:15, which by that point means there's no point of me even bothering going in for the show (it's a 45 minute drive from school). So I was feeling pretty mad at myself. Of course, I immediately called my boss, who surprisingly wasn't mad at all. He remembered that I had been sick on Monday, and asked if I was still sick today. Of course I said yes, and he immediately told me not to worry about it. I felt bad, honestly. I am NEVER late to work. So on the rare occasion when it does happen, I don't get my head chopped off for it.

Anyway, I already had my outfit all laid out from the night before and decided not to change it up just because I had more time. Thankfully I didn't because it poured all day long. This outfit did a pretty good job of combating the rain - minus the white tank top. There were a couple of times of day when the rain stopped, so I would leave my umbrella in my room while I was out. Of course the rain would start back up, and I ended up with a semi see-though top. Classy, I know. Otherwise, perfect. I don't understand why people wear jeans on rainy days - they always get all wet and gross at the bottom! On rainy days, I would recommend a skirt with boots or pants tucked into boots. Both of these options leave you nice and dry on the bottom, which is a something to keep in mind when you can't change all day.

Okay wow - that's enough of a rant. Tomorrow is March, and I can't wait for the new month to begin! In March, I'm celebrating my three year anniversary with my boyfriend, spending spring break in Florida, and becoming one month closer to being done college! What are you guys looking forward to?
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Very cute outfit - here's to a better tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...