Friday, February 3, 2012

So this outfit...



Shirt: American Eagle
Pants: J.Crew
Shoes: Lucky Brand
Scarf: Target
Earrings: Charter Club
When I pulled these super obnoxiously bright pants off the shelves off J.Crew on my birthday, my mom was not sold AT ALL. She didn't think they would go with anything, while I was thinking of countless combinations in my head. To justify the purchase, she made me tell her about some of the outfit combinations I thought I could wear them with. This was one of those outfits.

When I envisioned it in my head, it couldn't have been more perfect. I knew the red pants were really going to stand out, but when have I ever really cared about that. Seeing the outfit on me, I am thrilled with the results! I knew as it was that I love my minnie pants, but this color is just so different and fun. A nice pop of color. Paired with the blue and white striped 3/4 sleeve tee, my soft scarf, and my brown leather boots, I feel super cute and comfortable.

Unfortunately, I knew this was going to be one of those outfits that people on campus weren't going to like - it's too different from the norm. I mean geeze, red pants. SHOCKER. Surprise, surprise, I got a lot of weird looks while I was on campus. And some interesting comments from my "friends" the best of which I will share here:

"You look like a nautical sailor!"
"You look like a blue striped candy cane. Yea, that's it."
"WOAH your pants are super bright!" (I know, right?)

Whatever, I don't really care. I love it, and can't wait to wear these in other ways (I have so many ideas in my head already)!

What do you guys think?

P.S - They look really orange, but they aren't. They are more cherry tomato red and less orange. Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I think they're so cute, and red pants are so in, it's weird how people would react adversely to them. Personally I count them as a classic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Nautical Nancy! You've got my vote.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...