Thursday, March 22, 2012

Maxi Time



Jacket: DKNY
Dress: Planet Gold
Necklace: Erickson Beamon for Target
Shoes: Steve Madden Luxe

You guys have got to be super sick of my jean jacket and multicolored necklace by now. I mean, this is the third time in the past three days that they both have made an appearance on my blog. But you know what? I don't really care. They have both made getting dressed so much easier this week, so if that's what it takes, that's what it takes.

I got this dress in November, when it was clearly out of season. Which, is obviously one of the best times to buy clothes. So this dress? It was $5 in the end of season clearance rack at Macys. Love. Funny thing is, I was afraid I would never wear it. I have bought a couple of maxi dresses in the past, and always was afraid to wear them. Short dresses? No problem. But something that covers my legs? That kind of freaked me out.

Anyway, today seemed like the right day. I pulled on the dress, added my jean jacket to cover my shoulders and arms in cold classrooms, and piled on my favorite necklace this week that just happens to go with everything. The result? Poolside chic, which is where I wish I really was. But seriously, I love how this turned out. All of today I felt very elegant and regal, as the hem of my dress brushed the ground under me. 
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Your maxi dress is amazing, it looks wonderful with your jean jacket! hehe I am wearing a maxi dress today too :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...