Sunday, March 4, 2012

Sexy Divide and Matte About You





For this weeks manicure, I was very excited to try a nail trend that has been around for awhile - matte polish. Now like I said, I know this is nothing new in the world of nail polish. I think it has been around for two years or something like that. But it was only recently that I actually started liking the way it looked on nails. So, with a gift card I had received for Amazon, I finally bought a bottle of Essie's Matte About You.

Here's what I think - I LOVE it. Even though I loved it when I saw it on other bloggers nails, I wasn't sure if I would like it on my nails. But I actually do! It does an excellent job at turning any color matte, but without making the polish entirely flat. There is still a nice sheen to it like shiny top coat, but obviously nowhere near as shiny. For this week, I paired it with Sexy Divide - a beautiful royal purple. After applying the matte top coat though, it goes instantly matte! 

Only con about this was that it did not dry nearly as fast as I was hoping it would. Yea, it had a pretty quick dry time in comparison to most top coats, but I think because I am so used to using Seche Vite, I have no time to wait around for polish to dry. Otherwise, the perfect matte polish!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...