Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Welcome to the 50s! pt.2



Cardigan: Calvin Klein
Dress: Jessica Simpson
Shoes: Target
Earrings: Nordstrom Rack

When I saw this dress two weeks ago while shopping at Tyson's, I knew I had to have that. Now if you know me, that's not like me at all. I am most certainly not an impulse shopper in the slightest. However, this was different. Immediately after I tried it on, I was buying it.

But how could I resist? I love something that has a retro/pin-up feel - and this did that for me! Now, I could have tamed it down and gone without the cherry red lipstick and fake keds. But, sometimes it's just kind of fun to be someone else. So today, I was 50s girl.

Unfortunately, it was way too cold for this dress. But. that's what happens when you're stubborn, and you're going to award ceremony and you insist on wearing a dress even though it's 40 degrees outside. So you throw on a cardigan, slap on a smile, and quit complaining. There could be worse things in life, right?

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Hi!! I lovee this look on you, you look so pretty! Love the dress and the lipstick color goes so well with it, so classic and 50s:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore this! That lipstick looks amazing on you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...