Monday, June 4, 2012

Copycat Chipolte Cilantro Lime Rice


Is anyone out there who does NOT like Chipolte? I didn't think so. Although at first I was not a fan, I am now officially addicted (c/o of the boyfriend). However, eating there all the time is a burden to my ever-diminishing supply of money in my wallet, and it's not helping my figure either. So, when I found this recipe for a copycat verison of their delicious cilantro lime rice, I knew I had to try it.

And man, am I glad I did! This is one of those recipes that I had seen all over Pinterest, but I wasn't sure if it would be as good as it actually looks. However, this is the first recipe that I have ever made because I saw it on Pinterest that I was truly wowed by. Of course, most of the other recipes I had tried were good, but nothing amazed me. This rice on the other hand, did. It tastes exactly like the rice at Chipolte, and it was oh so easy to make! Such a win.

Below is the recipe c/o of Gina's Skinny Recipes. You have got to try this for yourself!

You'll need...

1 cup extra long grain rice
1 lime, juice of
2 cups of water
1 tsp salt
3 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
1 tbsp vegetable oil

In a small pot, add rice, water, oil, and salt. Boil on high until most of the water evaporates. When water just skims the top of the rice, reduce to low and cover for 15 minutes. Shut off the flame and keep covered an additional five.

In a medium bowl, combine the chopped cilantro and lime juice and toss.

It's perfection! The only changes I made to her recipe was cutting out the two tbsp of oil at the end, and I used the juice of the entire lime. Otherwise, it was great! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...