Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Everybody Everywhere: Neon




Shirt: Juicy Couture
Skirt: Ralph Lauren
Shoes: Sperry
Necklace: Erickson Beamon for Target
Sunglasses: Betsey Johnson
Bag: Coach

Neon has been seen on the runways for several seasons now. Yet, it wasn't until this year that I purchased my first neon piece (neon pink, to be exact). And although I still don't have a huge collection of vibrant highlighter bright clothing, I am beginning to learn how to incorporate the sometimes intimidating shade into my preppy wardrobe. 

Today, I took this neon pink shirt (actually intended to be worn to bed), and paired it with an understated navy blue skirt. Now, don't get me wrong, I LOVE color. However, I still think that going over-board on neon is a bit too much for my taste. So, I like to pair it with a more neutral color, to balance out the amount of hues. Plus, I love the combination of pink and navy blue. It's such a super preppy pairing.

To finish off my preppy ensemble, I grabbed my versatile brown leather shoulder bag and beige sperrys. In addition, I added this multi-stranded necklace, which pulls the whole look together. 

How do you like to wear neon?
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Love it!

    xoxo
    http://twentyysomething.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize I missed three posts! I love this look neon pink and navy looks so cute together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the combo of your top and skirt. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...