Thursday, June 14, 2012

The thing about phone interviews...




Shirt: Ralph Lauren
Shorts: J. Crew
Shoes: Sperry
Earrings: Nordstrom Rack
Sunglasses: Betsey Johnson
Bag: Coach

Here's the thing about phone interviews. Whenever I have one, I feel like I can just wear whatever I want: sweatpants, old t-shirts, whatever. However, that's really not appropriate. Although your interviewer can't see you, getting a little dressed up will put you in the right state of mind that will set the tone for your phone call. I know many people think this isn't important. But trust me, it helps.

I decided for my phone interview today to go for a semi-profession/casual look. I didn't want to get all dressed up (since I wasn't doing anything other than going to the eye doctor today), but I did want to maintain some level of professionalism for my interview. So, I decided on these coral colored shorts and a yellow and white striped button-down. It was the perfect outfit...now let's hope I get the job!


Pin It

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...