Saturday, July 28, 2012

Doughnut Muffins

I've been on a Pinterest roll recently! In the last week or so, I've made four of the recipes that I pinned to my cooking board. Pretty impressive!

Today, I tried out these doughnut muffins. Although I don't know if I would agree if calling them "doughnut" like, they were still very tasty. However, I think the best part about this recipe was just how easy it was to make! I think it took a grand total of about 35-40 minutes, and that includes mixing and baking. Plus, it only dirtied three or four dishes! I hate recipes that leave me with so many pots and pans to clean at the end. So this was a winner in that respect.

I found the recipe here.
Makes nine muffins.

Here's what you'll need:
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1/4 cup vegetable oil.
3/4 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups of flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg

For the coating:
extra fine sugar
cinnamon
melted butter

Here's how you make them:

1. Lightly grease a muffin pan with cooking spray.

2. In a large bowl, beat together the sugar and the egg. When these are combined, add vegetable oil, milk, and vanilla, thoroughly combining.

3. In a separate bowl, combing all dry ingredients. When these are mixed, add the liquid mixture.

4. Fill muffin cups until they are 3/4 of the way full, and bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes.

5. About 5-10 minutes after the muffins come out of the oven (while they're still warm) lightly coat them with the melted butted. Then, cover the donuts with your cinnamon and sugar mixture in a bowl.



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...