Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Expensive Taste

If you've been reading my blog for awhile, you may realize I have a problem. We'll call it expensive taste.

I don't know how long I've had this problem. It's just always been apart of me. They say the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, and that couldn't be more true in this case (my mom is the exact same way). Example: my favorite dish on the menu always seems to be the most expensive.

However, what happens when you have expensive taste, but aren't always willing to pay that price? Well, sometimes you suck it up, and hope it doesn't completely empty your wallet. For the most part though, you wait forever until the item goes on sale or find a coupon. 

Getting to the point of my story. Of course, my problem applies to my hair products. I'm a fan of Bumble and Bumble shampoo and conditioner, as seen below. I love how they smell, and they keep my color bright and vibrant! Because I dye my hair so frequently, I need products that ensure my color lasts.

Don't even get me started on how much this stuff is. I justify it by the fact that these two bottles will last me about two years (seriously)! If you actually use the right amount of product (no more than a quarter), I assure you they will last that long. Plus, my stylist always gives me 25 percent off styling products because she likes me.


Anyway, so this weekend I went in for my haircut appointment, and I knew that I needed to buy new shampoo and conditioner. Although there was still a little bit left in my old bottles, I knew it wasn't going to last much longer. However, did that mean I would let a single drop of this formula go to waste? Absolutely not! So, I decided to make a little craft to store the remaining shampoo and conditioner.

Here's what you'll need

-near empty bottle of your favorite products
-letter stickers
-waterproof paint
-empty travel containers
-paintbrush
-painters tape

1. First, I took one of my plastic containers and carefully placed the alphabet stickers in a neat line. I also used some of the painters tape to mark off what I wanted to be painted.

2. Begin painting! I tried to let each coat dry a little bit before painting the next layer, but I'm impatient. I think I ended up doing three coats for each bottle.


3. Wait for the bottles to dry about 90 percent, then carefully peel off stickers and tape.

4. When bottles are completely dry, fill them with your favorite products. (It took a lot of strength to get the last of my conditioner out)!


And that's it! It's a pretty easy project. I'm excited that for once I will have toiletries that are my favorite products! Usually, I just use whatever is in the hotel, or buying something travel -sized from Target. Now, I get little versions of my favorite beauty products! Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Do they refill your bottles of product at the hair salon? I'm just curios, because basically I will leave the product in it's bottle until I'm done with it lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...