Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Glitter Clock DIY

When I saw this clock on one of my favorite blogs, I knew I had to have my own! It looked very simple, and it was just so cute! Although in the original post the clock was intended to help teach little kids to sleep in, I made mine knowing that wouldn't be an issue. So I glittered all the numbers!

Here's what you'll need: 
-cheap clock (something you can remove the plastic cover from - I would recommend Target)
-modge podge
-glitter
-paint brush






1. Turn clock over and separate the two pieces.


So now you have something that looks like this...


2. Using a paint brush and the modge podge, lightly paint modge podge over each number. Liberally apply glitter all over, making sure there are no bare spots. Repeat until all numbers have been covered.


3. Wait at least an hour for the glitter and modge podge to dry, then get to work removing any excess glitter! After I did each number, I poured most of the remaining glitter into a bowl. When I was finished, I shook off my clock outside (which ended up with me getting glitter everywhere). However, there was still glitter! So I took my hairdryer to it, which didn't really work. In the end, I got most of the glitter off by using a clean paint brush, and a wet paper towel.

4. Screw the two pieces back together. Finally, you'll have something like this...


I love how this project turned out! It was super easy, and the only thing I had to go out and buy was the clock, so it was pretty cheap too. And truthfully, it could't have come at a better time (ha)! Ever since I have been home from school, I hated not having a clock to easily look at all the time. A couple of years ago, I got rid of the clock radio that I had previously had that showed the time. Of course, I always have my cell phone and laptop, but I think I was so used to being at school and easily being able to find a clock, I had to put one on my wall. 

If anyone else decides to make one, let me know how it turns out!
Pin It

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...