Tuesday, August 14, 2012

4 Shades of Grey



Dress: Laundry by Shelli Segal
Blazer: Anne Klein
Necklace: Marc by Marc Jacobs
Shoes: Coach
I should preface this post by saying I literally borrowed every piece of clothing in this outfit from my mom. Naturally, you would think that having a closet that was as stuffed as mine, that I should have plenty of options for interview appropriate attire. Of course, that's not the case. I was feeling particularly uninspired today, and decided that I was going to play dress up in my mom's closet! 

Also important to note, this is outfit really isn't "me" at all. I typically love wearing bright colors and fun, attention-grabbing pieces, but today, that just didn't feel right. Instead, I went for a subdued, monochromatic look, and loved how it turned out! Picking pieces that are all from the same color palette almost always works, and makes for an ensemble that is chic and pulled together.

Pin It

7 comments:

  1. I love these pieces together! Although I live 2 hours away from my mom, I'm still jealous that your mom has that great of a closet for you to raid. :)

    Jess - J's Style
    fancypants514.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look very professional and polished. Love an all grey color scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look very professional! I love this look on you, the dress is lovely and everything works lovely.
    Hope the interview went well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totes own this outfit, I know it...lol. Thanks for commenting at my monochrome post today - great minds DO think alike, even to the minimalist number of grays :) I love dresses like this because they really let interesting accessories shine. And of course this is perfect for an interview - hope it went well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable blog! This outfit should definitely help you land the job:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your grey blazer and dress look great together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those shoes may be my favorite thing this month. They are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...