Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Red Velvet Cheesecake Cookies

Last week, I wanted to make something special for one of my friends birthday. I finally decided on this recipe for red velvet cheesecake cookies. All I have to say about these cookies is - they were extremely difficult to make! I did not expect to invest so much time into a baking project that only yielded 10 cookies! Granted, they were HUGE cookies, but only 10?

After I made these, my mom asked if I would do it again. I said I would, if it was under the following circumstances:

1. I really like the person.
and
2. I have a lot of time on my hands.

My biggest fault was that I didn't read the recipe the whole way through. Because I did not do that, I didn't realize there were two parts of the recipe that needed to be chilled, which meant the recipe took more time than it should. 

Below, I've copied the recipe from Two Peas and Their Pod. However, I have slightly altered the cream cheese filling, since I found this recipe made way too much. Hope you guys enjoy!

Red Velvet Cheesecake Cookies

Ingredients
For the cookies:
1 box red velvet cake mix
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 eggs
1/2 cup canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

For the cheesecake filling:
2 oz of cream cheese, at room temperature
1 cup of powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

For the white chocolate drizzle
1 1/2 cups of white chocolate chips

1. To make cookies, combine cake mix and flour in a mixer. Lightly blend until combined. Into the mixer, add eggs, oil, and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least two hours. The dough will be oily.

2. While the cookie dough is chilling, make the cheesecake filing. Using a mixer, combing cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth. Using a half teaspoon, scoop out cheesecake filling and place on a plate. Once you have ten balls, place your plate in the freezer, and freeze for at least two hours.

3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. To assemble the cookies, take about a 1/4 cup of of cookie dough, and flatten in your hands. Place a drop of cheesecake filling in the center, and wrap the cookie dough around the filling. Gently roll into a ball and place on prepared baking sheet. Make sure no cheesecake filling is leaking out the dough. Only bake 3 cookies at a time (these will expand, and they will be huge)! Bake for 11-13 minutes, or until the cookies begin to crackle. Let cookies cool on baking sheet before transfer to cooling rack.

4. Melt the white chocolate chips in the microwave for about a minute with 70 percent heat. After a minute, stir the chips, and place them back in the microwave for 30 seconds at 70 percent heat. When the chips are completely melted, pour into a gallon-sized plastic bag, and drizzle over cookies. Let the cookies set until the chocolate hardens, and enjoy!

Note: You will probably want to keep these in the refrigerator. 






Pin It

1 comment:

  1. This looks good, but where are the reviews? (Question mark)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...