Thursday, September 27, 2012

Mom's Seal of Approval




Top: Thrifted
Pants: J. Crew
Shoes: Lauren Ralph Lauren
Earrings: Alfani
Bracelets: Coach, Segio Lub, and Lenox

At first, I was relatively apprehensive about wearing my J. Crew minnie pants for an interview. Perhaps it's because I wear my dressy clothes all the time that some of the pieces in my wardrobe lose their "special" feel. I think it's also partially because I always want to wear a dress or skirt to an interview. However, my mom (the resident expert on work appropriate ensembles), assured me they would be okay. 

I paired them with this beaded turquoise blouse I picked up in a thrift store in NYC. As usual, I forgot to take a picture of the back (which is cooler than the front)! Instead of just a normal back, there is a u-shaped collar that has a big floppy bow in the center. Again, I was uncertain about wearing this for my interview, and my mom said it was fine. Um, can someone tell me why my mom had more fashion knowledge (and confidence) than me?

For finishing touches, I added a stack of silver bracelets, and blue and green dangling earrings. Finally, I pulled out my favorite pair of stilettos. If there's one thing I don't have to ask my mom's opinion for, it's that nothing makes you feel more confident walking into a room than a sexy pair of high-heels.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...