Monday, October 15, 2012

Date Night



Jacket: Romeo and Juliet Couture
Dress: BCBG Max Azria
Shoes: BCBG Max Azria
Earrings: Betsey Johnson

I love it when I pull a piece out of my closet, and it feels like it's the first time I've ever seen it. It's like when you're browsing the overflowing sales rack and something special catches your eye. For me, oftentimes it's a pop of color that I really like; like turquoise, neon pink, or lemony yellow. Sometimes, it's an interesting texture or fabric. For instance, I can spot sequins and glitter from a mile away. However, no matter where I am shopping, I am always attracted to leather: I just have to touch! Will the leather feel stiff and cheap; or luxuriously soft? 

I was hit with just this sensation while searching for the perfect outfit for date night. With the temperatures dropping drastically the last couple of weeks, I have been gravitating towards anything that will keep me warm the longest. For the first time in awhile, this black leather motorcycle jacket popped out at me. With just one touch of the soft, buttery leather, I knew I had to wear it. 

I decided to pair it with this super soft knit sweater dress. Although the colors may appear drab together, I think the difference of textures helps to keep this outfit unique. For finishing touches, I added my new animal print flats, and dangly earrings. When I went to check myself out in the mirror, I was kind of shocked by this outfit - it isn't really my style. With that being said, I love it more than a lot of my outfits recently! I feel edgy and cool, which are never words I would use to describe my personal style. 

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...