Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Nanny Wear




Sweater: Lilly Pulitzer
T-Shirt: Victoria's Secret
Scarf: Jones New York
Pants: Juicy Couture
Shoes: Minnetonka

In the morning and evening, I am a nanny. During the middle of the day, I am doing any number of things - kickboxing, checking out books at the library, grocery shopping for my mom, interviewing, and writing; just to name a few. For me, one of my favorite things about being a nanny is that I can wear whatever I want. As a former Target employee and college tour guide, the ability to wear whatever I want is important. Typically, that means I head over in athletic wear and tennis shoes. By doing this, I am more encouraged to head straight to the gym after dropping the girls off at school. After a quick mid-day shower, I change into something more presentable for the rest of my daily activities.

This afternoon, I let the girls stay after at school and play on the playground instead of heading home immediately to kick-start homework. Personally, this is my favorite kind of afternoon. The girls play with their friends; I sit under a tree and read for an hour. Although this is rather selfish on my behalf, the girls are happy. It's a fair trade.

Although the skies have been sunny for the past couple of days, I still knew I needed to bundle up for my afternoon outside. So, I went with this nanny chic ensemble. It combines a couple of my favorite fall pieces in a one happy package - a wrap sweater, a colorful fringed scarf, and suede moccasins. If the weather was as I predicted, I would be perfectly cozy. However, if it was too warm, I could easily peel off a layer or two. For me, that's the best way to get dressed: expect the worst, and hope for the best.      

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Ok I have caught up on all of your posts since oct 3rd. How lucky two top things from mean girls fell on the same day! I love your peacock outfit, I have never seen you wear something that boho! I think it complimented your hair very well! I love your lucky boots they are an awesome fall staple. Nannying is something I could literally never do... I would probably go crazy, small children don't listen to me or I would try to yell at people kids at work which would not be good. And I LOVE your skype interview do's and don't's I'm So Pinning it!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...