Saturday, October 6, 2012

Powerclutch and Fiji



For this week's manicure, I decided to use on of my new nail polishes I found at TJ Maxx: Essie's "Powerclutch." I think it was officially released sometime last fall, but I never bought a bottle. However, when I saw it for a good price, I couldn't resist. 

I think the color is very interesting. Obviously, it's gray. But unlike most gray polishes, this has stronger green than blue undertones. It's kind of hard to tell in the pictures, but the bottom picture captures the green tones a little bit better (the top picture is WAY too dark). As with most Essie polishes, it took about two coats to get it fully opaque. 

As usual, I decided to do the contrasting ring finger. I stuck with Essie's "Fiji," one of my favorite pinks. It's light tone reminds me of ballet and tutus, for some reason. Anyway, when paired with "Powerclutch," it adds a subtle feminine touch. 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...