Monday, November 19, 2012

Andes Surprise Cookies


For all of my friend's birthdays, I always like to make a sweet treat. Not only is it a little thing that my friends always look forward to, it gives me more practice in the kitchen! For my friend Bridgitte's birthday I decided to make these Andes surprise cookies. She loves mint, and they are pretty easy to make. Plus with the holidays just around the corner, this would be a fun dessert to bring along! It's something different than pumpkin and apple flavors that become omnipresent.

I found after refrigerating the dough, it was extremely sticky. Like a little better than a cake batter consistency. I added at least an extra cup or so of flour, which helped significantly. Just a word of caution when making these cookies! Anyway, below is the recipe I used.

Ingredients
-1 cup butter, softened
-1 cup sugar
-1/2 cup packed brown sugar
-2 eggs
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-3 cups all purpose flour (as mentioned, I used at least 4)
-1 tsp baking powder
-1/2 tsp of salt
-2 bags of mint Andes cookies

1. In a bowl, cream butter and both sugars. Add the eggs and vanilla, beating well. Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt, gradually adding to the creamed mixture. Refridgerate for two hours or until easy to handle.

2. With floured hands, shape a tablespoon of dough around 42 candies, forming rectangular cookies. Place on greased cookie sheets.

3. Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. In a microwave or saucepan, melt the remaining candies, and drizzle over cookies.

This recipe is supposed to yield 3 1/2 dozen. It made maybe two dozen. The cookies were still delicious, they just didn't make as many as I thought there would be! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...