Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Liquid Leather



Top: Delia*s Warehouse  Sale
Leggings: Kirna Zabete for Target
Shoes: Minnetonka
Earrings: gift

I don't remember the first time I realized I hated leggings. I can imagine it was probably around the time that I noticed girls on college campuses decided leggings and UGGs were an acceptable substitute for pants and winter boots. I  remember always complaining to my good friend at school (herself a legging lover), how leggings were not pants. Ever. Wear them under a dress? I don't really care. But no one does that. Which just made me hate them more.

Fast forward about four years into the present day. I'm wondering around Target, trying to stick to my list, when I somehow find myself in the clearance section of the clothing department. I find that the clearance section can be pretty hit or miss, but on occasion I have found a nice gem. Like these. I saw them just hanging sadly off their hanger, and just had to touch them. Before you know it, I had thrown them in the cart and was heading into the dressing room. A couple of minutes later, I was heading to the check out lane, new liquid leather leggings in my hand. I never thought I would see the day (no, seriously).

I knew all along why everyone loved wearing leggings."They're so comfortable," people always said. Well news flash - just because something is comfortable doesn't mean it's always an acceptable fashion choice. But this time, I'll cave. Just this once. I don't know if I am ever going to buy a pair of leggings again, but at least now I can *kind of* understand the hype. 

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...