Thursday, November 8, 2012

Running on Short Notice



Suit: BCBG Max Azria
Shirt: BCBG Max Azria
Shoes: Lauren Ralph Lauren
Earrings: gift

Last Friday, I was given three hours notice for an interview. When I received the call that someone wanted me to come in that day, I was shopping at Target, wearing sweats, and hadn't even showered yet. Plus, I was still a half-hour from home. Induce panic mode. On the Myers Briggs scale of things, I'm a ESFJ. Now the key letter there is the J. That J stands for judging, but it really means I'm a planner. I like schedule, routine, and having time to prepare for everything. I would never go into a meeting without a plan, and I would never schedule a spontaneous anything. So maybe you can see how three hours notice might induce panic for me.

Then, I got an e-mail that I needed to wear a suit. Okay, commence major freak out. I don't own a suit, but thankfully my mom has plenty. After trying on a ton of different ones that were either too short or too tight, I settled on this simple gray ensemble, last seen here.

But in the end, sometimes all the crazy running around and freaking out is actually worth it. I had a great feeling about the interview, and just three days later I received an  offer. Although it's only a temporary position and it doesn't require extreme skill, it's still promising. Unlike most recent grads, I am willing to do the grunt work and get my hands dirty to make my way to the top. Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I´m so happy for you! Congrats on your job offer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations!! You're hard work has paid off!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...