Thursday, December 6, 2012

Building a Daily Outfit



Shirt: American Eagle
Skirt: Kenneth Cole
Shoes: Lucky Brand
Bag: Kate Spade
Necklace: Lilly Pulitzer

You know how some people start with the same piece everyday and go from there? For example, they always pick out shoes first, and then they build up their outfit from that piece. Well, I just have to say that is so not me. Typically, I stare at my closet and browse the drawers of my dresser until something screams at me "you just have to wear me". Today, it was this striped breton tee. It's one of my favorite pieces, and I have worn it countless times. However, because I'm a fashion blogger, I want to do something different every single time. It's a flaw.

I decided to pair it with this army green skirt. Number one, when it's 65 degrees in December, you have to rock skirts with bare legs! And number two, it's different. I almost always wear this top with pants. Skinny jeans khackis, or minnie pants just seem to be my default with this top. But by pairing it with this skirt, my basic tee felt more feminine than it ever had before. I love it when I can find a piece as versatile as this one!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...