Saturday, December 8, 2012

Thoughts on Peplum



Shirt: J. Crew
Skirt: I.N.C
Shoes: Lauren Ralph Lauren
Necklace: Marc by Marc Jacobs

When I first noticed the peplum trend popping up on the runway sometime last year, I couldn't fathom it ever becoming popular (or something I would want to wear, for that matter). I just couldn't imagine why anyone would want to draw attention to one of the widest parts of their body. But then I got this Burberry sweater, and I kind of fell in love. Since that purchase, I have been dying to buy something else with peplum, but I was having a hard time finding anything I liked that was in my budget.

Then two weekends ago I was shopping at the Macy*s in Tysons Corner (aka heaven) and I spotted this skirt. I was initially attracted to it because of the color, but then I saw it was peplum! And that it was in my size. AND that it was on clearance for 65 percent off. When that many things are going in your favor, it kind of feels like fate. Like me this skirt were just meant to live happily ever after together. So I tried it on, and knew instantly that I would be purchasing it.

For my first time wearing it, I paired my skirt with a basic long sleeve, and classic black heels. Although I could have easily come up with something much more fun and creative, I decided I wanted to let this skirt get all the attention. 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...