Saturday, December 22, 2012

White Christmas Attire





Cardigan (borrowed from mom): Kate Spade
Skirt (borrowed from mom): Kate Spade
Bracelets: Coach and Segio Lub
Necklace: Vintage
Shoes: Jessica Simpson
Camisole: Gap

Whenever I need a little outfit inspiration, I shop in my mom's closet. Honestly, if there is one thing I am thankful for, it's that we're nearly the exact same size. I have never have to worry about running out in the name of a "fashion emergency", having nothing to wear, or being under-dressed. Instead of making spontaneous trips to the mall, I browse my mom's massive walk-in closet in peace, trying on whatever I like at my leisure, admiring racks of heels, and thinking of new outfit combinations. 

As I was trying to get ready last night, I knew I would need to take a trip to the closet. I had plans to go see "White Christmas" at the Kennedy Center, and wanted to wear something festive and different without resorting to red and black combinations that are so common during this time of year. When I spied this navy blue and cream tweed skirt, I knew I had found the perfect thing to wear. Tweed is a great fabric for any winter ensemble, and the color combination is more wintery than overdone holiday red.

I paired my new found skirt with a navy blue cardigan, which surprise surprise, I also found in the depths of my mom's closet. I love how the subtle studded collar had a very different texture from the tweed. It gave my outfit the perfect finishing touch!






Pin It

1 comment:

  1. You know I was pretty much 100% sure I commented on this.... I love this I think it is so appropriate and I like the navy color xmas, like you said!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...