Monday, January 7, 2013

Calling Serena van der Woodsen Wannabe



Jacket (borrowed from mom): Anne Klein
Shirt (borrowed from mom): Michael Kors
Pants: Eileen Fisher
Necklace: Claire*s
Shoes: Lucky Brand

I feel very Serena today. Season one, episode one. Do you remember when she comes back from boarding school, and she is hanging out on the Grand Central station steps, and everyone is wondering where she had been for the past year? She's wearing this absolutely dreamy camel leather coat, a silk scarf knotted at the neck, and a black and white breton tee. Of all six seasons, it's my favorite outfit of hers. Probably because it's the most wearable, as opposed to her gauzy Grecian ball gowns, but nonetheless still my favorite. 

This is my take on that look. Thanks to my mom and her ever expanding closet, I was nearly able to achieve it! Although my burnt orange striped tee is completely different color than Serena's, I love how well it pairs with my motorcycle style leather jacket. I swapped out her silk scarf with a triple strand of pearls - much more my style. Finally, I finished my off my look with dark wash skinny jeans tucked into my brown riding boots. Now if I could just start acting more like Serena!
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Ah I love it, I knew exactly what you meant from the title!! So cute

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...