Monday, January 14, 2013

Color Ruts



Shirt: J. Crew
Skirt: BCBG Max Azria
Shoes: BCBGeneration
Purse: Kate Spade
Belt: Juicy Couture
Necklace: Lauren Ralph Lauren

Despite my overflowing wardrobe, I've been in a rut recently. I've been gravitating towards a neutral color-palette, composed primarily of black and white, which is quite unlike me. For whatever reason, nothing in my colorful closet has felt right. Every time I tried a new outfit combination built around cheery spring pieces, I ended up stripping it off just moments later.

Until bright clothing feels appropriate again, here's my compromise. I'll stick to with my neutrals, but will spruce them up with select pops of color. For today's outfit, I chose aqua blue. It's one of my favorite colors, and typically works well with just about any combination. Although it's not much, it helps break up the monotony of an otherwise boring black and white pairing.

What's your go to color pairing when you're in a rut? I could really use some suggestions!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...