Monday, January 21, 2013

Hot and Cold



Sweater: Old Navy
Pants: Lilly Pulitzer
Shoes: Maria Sharapova for Cole Haan
Necklace: Vintage

I bought these pants almost a month ago, and kept putting off reasons to wear them. I had several different outfit combinations in my head in the beginning, but they all felt too understated. Although these jeans pack quite a punch of color on their own, I wanted to pair them with something equally bright and cheery. Especially after almost a week of wearing exclusively black and white, I was dying to wear bold colors.

That's how I came up on the blue and red color scheme. In the past year, it has become one of my new favorite color combinations. The warm and cool tones of both of these pieces play off each other so well, and it reminded me of fire and ice. Like I mentioned, I have been wearing blue and red color frequently in the past year, but never have I worn the two colors together in such a balanced proportion. Hopefully these pants will inspire many more colorful outfits in the future!




Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...