Thursday, January 17, 2013

Quintessential Prep



Shirt (borrowed from mom): Lauren Ralph Lauren
Pants: Michael Kors
Shoes: Lucky Brand
Boot Toppers: Nine West
Bag: Longchamp
Necklace: Claire*s

When I spotted this colorful checkered blouse in my mom's closet last night, I was inspired to finally break free from my black and white wardrobe rut! Maybe I've been reading too much College Prep recently, but this top was just calling for a quintessentially prep twist.

Initially, I had wanted to layer a crew neck sweater over my button down. However, I quickly realized that wasn't going to happen because I only have one crew neck sweater, and it's black! The point of this outfit was not to wear black, so I nixed that idea. Instead, I decided to layer in the bottom portion of my look with these boot toppers. They give the look of thick wool socks, without all the bulk. For the finishing preppy touch, I added a string of pearls. Even though this isn't a super hard look to pull together, I'm just happy that I broke free of my rut!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...