Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Ready for the Slopes



Sweater: C. Wonder
Pants: Delia*s Warehouse Sale
Shoes: BCBGeneration

From my hips up, I feel like I belong on the slopes. Funny thing is, I have never skied a day in my life! I am far too clumsy to every consider an activity like that. However, for whatever reason, this chunky cable-knit turtleneck feels like the perfect thing to wear aprรจs-ski. I can picture it now: hanging out in the lodge, sipping steaming cups of hot cocoa, and curling up by the fire with flannel blankets. Too bad that will never happen!

In my mind, it's important to balance a loose garment with a tighter fitting piece on the bottom. If you wear two pieces that are too tight, it's likely you'll look out of proportion. Likewise, two baggy pieces of clothing is going to do nothing for your body, and make you look shapeless. That's why I decided to pair my sweater with skinny black jeans tucked into knee high leather boots. I look less like a shapeless blob, and more like someone who has a job to go to!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...