Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Winter Layering



Shirt: J. Crew
Dress: BCBGirls
Shoes: BCBGeneration
Necklace: Lilly Pulitzer

As I mentioned the other day, I haven't been in the mood for wearing much color. I keep finding myself drawn to black and white pieces time and time again, and today was no exception. However, when I spotted a relatively neutral sun dress hanging in my closet looking lonely, I was inspired to figure out a way to make it winter appropriate (and incorporate a little color)!

My default fix for this situation is to layer a long sleeve tee or sweater over any summer dress. Because they aren't made with thick material, this is an easy way to make your look winter appropriate without looking bulky. To finish off my ensemble, I decided to wear my black leather studded wedge boots. I love that they are comfortable for walking around the office all day, but are more unique that a pair of plain riding boots.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...