Friday, February 15, 2013

Denim on Denim



Top: Delia*s Warehouse Sale
Pants: Eileen Fisher
Scarf: Delia*s Warehouse Sale
Shoes: Minnetonka

Denim on denim. About 10 years ago, that phrase may have only conjured an image of Justin Timberlake and Britney Spears at the American Music Awards. Thankfully, that's all changed with the introduction of chambray. Originally, I wasn't a fan. I felt like it was one of those fashion trends that fashion bloggers could pull off, and it just wasn't for me. But when I tried on this button-up at the Delia*s warehouse sale about a year and a half ago, I fell in love with chambray. 

This is actually the first time I've worn a blue denim on denim look. Since I've bought this shirt, I have worn it countless times. I can see why it's became so popular - it's one of the most versatile pieces in my wardrobe. Whether it is worn with cargo skinnies, a maxi skirt, or chino shorts, it always gives off the perfect casual chic vibe. For whatever reason, wearing it with blue denim was a daunting challenge. Finally, I took the plunge. Just like monochromatic color scenes, I think it makes all difference when the shades are opposite. Even though I am just nannying, if I run around in yoga pants and a college tee, I feel unproductive and lazy. This ensemble is pulled together, simple, and comfortable. With the addition of my moccasins and infinity scarf, I was out the door!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...