Wednesday, February 13, 2013

NYC Blizzard



Ear Muffs: Kate Spade
Coat: Michael Kors
Sweater: C. Wonder
Pants: Michael Kors
Bag: Longchamp
Boot Toppers: Nine West
Shoes: Hunters
Gloves: gift

About two months ago, my boyfriend started planning a weekend getaway for us in New York City. I was ecstatic! I've been itching to get away for some time now, and there's nothing like a trip to the big apple to relieve the stresses of a routine day-to-day life. All I had to do was choose the weekend, and he took care of the rest! I was more than happy to let someone else take care of all the planning. 

So when I heard about the likelihood of a blizzard, I was devastated. My overprotective parents immediately suggested that we cancel our trip for another weekend, but my boyfriend and I could not be swayed. In the end, our decision was made for us when Amtrak did not cancel our train. We knew it was going to be an adventure (and freezing), but we were excited.

Thankfully, the estimates ended up being much worse than the actual snowfall. By the time we arrived in the city, the snow had long since stopped, and the sun was beginning to peak out from behind the gray skies. Still, I seriously bundled up for our trip. I've mentioned many times that I almost always choose fashion over comfort, but this was not one of those times. It was 20 ~ degrees, there was about a half a foot of snow on the ground, and wind was blowing! Comfort and practical choices beat out my more stylish options.

I have to say, I probably would not have survived this weekend without my Hunters and my matching "baby it's cold outside" earmuffs and scarf (not seen) from Kate Spade. While most tourists had to figure out the best way to avoid puddles, I gleefully stomped in them. No cold feet for me! 

Overall, we had a great weekend. Saturday, we took advantage of the snow and strolled around Central Park, watching kids sled down hills and dogs play in the snow. Later that afternoon, we slipped into the Metropolitan Museum of Art, where I enjoyed checking out a new photography exhibit and chatting with fellow tourists looking for an escape from the cold. Then there was the food. Lots, and lots of food. I never left a restaurant without cleaning my plate!

After an early breakfast on Sunday, we headed out to go shopping. In some sort of a miracle, I came home empty handed! I tried on several things, but I wasn't convinced on anything. Too tight, too short, too big, too expensive. I'll never buy anything that I don't love, and there was nothing that I loved enough to buy (other than cupcakes) this trip.

Before I knew it, we were headed home again. It was a short trip, but it couldn't have come at a better time. I am already looking forward to our next trip in the warmer months!
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Oh this sounds like a great trip!! NY is so fun with a boyfriend!! And good call on the outerwear, on the first day of the snow storm, Friday, I just went ahead and wore snow boots to work. I knew we were going to be let out early.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...