Thursday, February 7, 2013

Sunrise Fruit Shake


I am one of those rare who people can call themselves a "morning person". I get up extra early so I can sneak in an episode or two of Desperate Housewives, pump myself up in an intense kickboxing class, and then head home to refuel with big breakfast. Almost everyday I eat the exact same thing: cinnamon oatmeal with skim milk, turkey bacon, an apple with peanut butter, and a sunrise shake.

I love fruit! I have a serving with almost every single meal. In the mornings though, I love to start with my sunrise shake. It's juicy, super flavorful, and blends into a beautiful pink shade. And for those of you who aren't morning people, it's super easy to make. Here's what you need:

-8 oz. of orange juice
-1 cup of raspberries
-1 cup of strawberries

After you slice the strawberries, all you have to do is combine everything in the blender. After about 30 seconds, your shake should be the perfect consistency.


Delicious! I like to serve mine in a tall glass with a colorful straw. How simple, right? I can't think of a better way to start my morning.


Oh! Here's a great tip, thanks to Life Hacker. Instead of washing your blender by hand and putting your fingers precariously close to the blades, add some water and a squeeze of dishwashing liquid and hit blend! Rinse it out, and you almost instantly have a clean blender again. Such a simple change that saves time, and is without a doubt much safer.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...