Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Hippie Juice


A couple of months ago, I was invited to a "Pinterest Party". Basically, the whole point of the party was to actually try some of the recipes that my friends and I had pinned. Not only was it exciting to cross off a pin from one of my boards, I got to try out a ton of food that I probably would not have otherwise. 

My responsibility was alcohol (I was in the mood to do something super simple), so I decided on this "recipe" for hippie juice. I've seen it pinned so many times, and I have always wanted to try it. This party was the perfect occasion! Here's what you'll need:


Makes one full pitcher:
1/3 cup of Triple Sec
1/3 cup of Malibu
1 cup of Smirnoff Strawberry Vodka
1/2 cap of Country Time Strawberry Lemonade Powder

1. Measure half a tops worth of the lemonade powder and add to your pitcher.

2. Measure all the alcohols, and add to the lemonade powder mix.

3. Top off the remainder of the pitcher with about 2 quarts of water (or until the container is filled).

4. Mix well with a wooden spoon until everything is dissolved. Chill and serve.

I found this recipe to be super simple and delicious! It doesn't taste super strong, which means you don't realize as quickly how much you have been drinking. Regardless, I would definitely make this again. The original recipe from Peace, Love, Guacamole also added strawberries, which I just didn't have on hand. Raspberries would be great too!
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. You say a pitcher, but what size pitcher; a half gallon or whole?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good question, Kelli. For this recipe, I use a 56 oz. pitcher. Hope this answers your question!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...