Monday, March 4, 2013

Spaghetti with Spinach


Honestly, I have never liked pasta much. I KNOW. While most kids would have a plate of spaghetti and meatballs, all I wanted were some tacos. Recently, things have changed. There are so many delicious things that accompany pasta that I have actually started to enjoy eating this simple starch. 

A while back, I found an easy recipe through Pinterest that sparked me to get in the kitchen. It was so good, I thought I would share how it turned out. 

Here's what you'll need:


-spaghetti
-3 tablespoons of olive oil
-3 teaspoons of minced garlic
-juice of one lemon
-2 handfuls of baby spinach
-2 tablespoons of grated parmesan 
-salt and pepper to taste

1. In a skillet, heat olive oil and garlic over medium low heat. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes to gently cook the garlic. Add lemon juice and zest; season with salt and pepper.

2. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, and cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta, and transfer to a large bowl. Add the spinach and garlic oil, and toss everything together. Bon appetit!

Recipe originally found here.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...