Thursday, April 11, 2013

Leaving comfort zones



Top: Single
Camisole: Calvin Klein
Skirt: Kate Spade
Bag: Longchamp
Shoes: Coach

This week, I started working for a huge media company in Northern Virginia. There are numerous pluses to this, but one of the things I was most excited about was getting dressed up again. Typically, in the previous positions I've held, as a nanny, intern, or even at Target, everyone dressed like a slob. Not here! Walking down the hallways, it looks like everyone could have stepped off the runway!

Because of this, I've decide to try and step up my game. As it is, I've never had a problem dressing up and trying new things. Still, I really want to push myself to step outside of my comfort zone. Now, while today is not a huge leap from my traditional style, I think it's a step in the right direction.

In the past, I've worn this flow-y top with dark skinny jeans. This time, I let the colors of this blouse pop by tucking it into a knee-length royal purple skirt. I think it works much better like this; in addition to being professional, it looks more polished. Finally, I finished off with plain black patent leather pumps. Although I had hoped to choose something different for my footwear, nothing else worked! There's always next time, I suppose.
Pin It

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...