Thursday, May 16, 2013

New Kicks



Shirt: thrifted
Pants: J. Crew
Bag: Kate Spade
Bracelet: my mom's
Shoes: L. K. Bennett

I've been waiting to wear these teal pumps for weeks, about the same amount of time it took me to take the plunge and make the purchase. When I first saw these at Nordstrom rack, I swooned. I don't think I had ever seen a shoe that was more beautiful. However, I couldn't justify the purchase. They were on clearance, but still pretty expensive. I thought to myself, "If I still want these shoes a couple of weeks from now, and they are still there, it was meant to be."

Three weeks later, I went back. To my astonishment, the shoes were still there. I decided to buy them as a treat to myself for finally getting a full time job. And then they sat in my closet, unworn and unloved. They're made of some kind of satiny material, so I couldn't wear them with all the rainy weather we've been experiencing recently.

Today, I decided I wasn't going to let them go unworn any longer. I've said time and time again, I do not let beautiful clothing sit in my closet unloved. Paired with a similar colored top, and sleek minnie pants, these shoes felt just right.
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I knew you'd get these shoes...I would too. =]
    ~N

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...