Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Tangerine Sherbert




Shirt: Delia*s Warehouse Sale
Dress: Theory
Shoes: Coach
Necklace: Erickson Beamon for Target
Earrings: Charter Club

The other week, I was talking about some of the pieces in my wardrobe that would be top contenders for my hall of fame. Although last time I was referring to my silk blouse, my chambray button up really is the only thing that needs to be in there. I wear it all the time. Seriously.(I could go on!)

However, in all my time wearing this shirt, I've never once thought of wearing it unbuttoned. Crazy, right? I guess when wearing a button up, I've always been inclined to button the shirt up, just like the name implies. That all changed when I was reading this blog post from The College Prepster. In one photo, she is wearing an unbuttoned chambray shirt, and when I saw that, I had an "ah-ha" moment! I'm telling you, this was really moving for me. 

Anyway, so then I remembered this tangerine strapless dress I've had hanging in my closet for almost a year now. It's something I bought at the end of the season clearance awhile ago, and just never thought of a good way to wear. Shortly after my revelation, I realized just how perfect these two pieces would be together. For once, I was right! As I looked back at myself in the mirror, I was so pleased with how my look turned out. It's crazy how just making a slight change makes such a difference, huh?

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...